CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, February 2, 2009

While I'm Waiting

During a sermon I heard in Carlsbad, New Mexico on waiting on the Lord, the pastor pointed out that the word "wait" can mean several things:
to stay in place in expectation of, to remain stationary in readiness or expectation, to look forward expectantly, to hold back expectantly, AND / OR  to serve as waiter for, to be ready and available, to attend as a servant.

I've come back to this thought time and time again, especially when I heard the song "While I'm Waiting" by John Waller.  Below I've included the lyrics and a link to the video on YouTube.

This song has really ministered to me (on constant replay on my ipod since september!!!) during a very difficult time for me, and continues to minister me now.  Even though when I first heard this song in September I couldn't even imagine myself as "bold and confident", or even "moving ahead" for that matter, singing this song and praying these lyrics have helped tremendously!  

What song has ministered to you lately, and how?


While I'm Waiting   by:  John Waller
I’m waiting
I’m waiting on You, Lord
And I am hopeful
I’m waiting on You, Lord
Though it is painful
But patiently, I will wait

I will move ahead, bold and confident
Taking every step in obedience

While I’m waiting
I will serve You
While I’m waiting
I will worship
While I’m waiting
I will not faint
I’ll be running the race
Even while I wait

I’m waiting
I’m waiting on You, Lord
And I am peaceful
I’m waiting on You, Lord
Though it’s not easy
But faithfully, I will wait
Yes, I will wait

I will serve You while I’m waiting
I will worship while I’m waiting
I will serve You while I’m waiting
I will worship while I’m waiting
I will serve You while I’m waiting
I will worship while I’m waiting on You, Lord






0 comments: